headerText

Me and My Selves: August. Lola. Charlie. Margot.

Logo Header

Sep 5, 2013

Meatloaf Recipe

This is my recipe for a 3lb meatloaf and sides. The one thing I tried new were the green beans. I usually feature a broccoli normandy medley, but I wanted to change it up a bit. Meatloaf has always been one of my favorites, and always will be. I started making this after sundown, so I was unfortunately without natural sunlight for the pictures. I still decided to use these pictures even though they are taken mostly at night. So please bear with the grain. Now on to the recipe...


Ingredients: 
1 Cup Red Bell Pepper
1 Cup Onion
1 Cup Green Bell Pepper
3 Lbs Ground Beef
2 Cups Seasoned Bread Crumbs
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
4 Teaspoons Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper

I smoosh together all the ingredients with my hands until mixed thoroughly. Form into loaf, and then put it in the oven at 350 degrees F. I cook it for 1.5 hours total. The first 30 minutes I cook the loaf uncovered without any sauce. After 30 minutes I add half of my sauce mix, then add the remaining sauce with 30 minutes remaining.


Meatloaf Sauce Recipe:
1 Cup Ketchup
3 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Mustard
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Teaspoons Syrup
Combine all these ingredients and the sauce is done.


Garlic Mashed Potato Ingredients:
11 Small-Medium Yellow Skin Potatoes (I used the Klondike Golden variety) Cooked and Quartered
Salt to taste, but I used a few teaspoons
3/4 Cup Light Sour Cream 
12 Tablespoons Light Butter (I know it seems like a lot, but this is a large batch of taters)
2-3 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
2-4 Tablespoons Milk
2 Teaspoons Garlic

For the garlic mashed potatoes, I used 11 small-medium sized potatoes. I wanted to try and make enough potatoes to go with the 3 pounds of meat being cooked. 
I quartered all the potatoes before boiling them.

You should boil the potatoes until tender and soft. Once boiled, smash with fork and add all the ingredients except for the milk and salt. I save those for last so I can add them according to taste and potato consistency. If you need the mashed potatoes to smoother, then pour in the milk a little at a time until your desired consistency has been reached. I also sprinkle in salt a little at a time until it tastes just right. The parsley is more for visual appeal, so add that to your own liking. Once everything is mixed, the garlic mashed potatoes are complete.


Lemon Butter Green Beans:

2 lbs Frozen Cut Green Beans
3 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Light Butter
2/3 Cup French's Fried Onions

Next are the lemon butter green beans. For this meal, I used two bags, a pound per bag, of frozen cut green beans. I boiled the beans until they were tender to my liking, soft but still a little firm. I drained them and submerged them in cold water to cool.

Heat oil and butter in a frying pan, add garlic then the beans. Toss around a bit and then add the lemon juice and fried onions. I cook until everything is blended and the fried onions lose their crunch. It doesn't take long before the beans are done.

That's it. I cook everything in this order and then enjoy a delicious meal that lasts a while. I'm happy with it. Glad to share. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment