headerText

Me and My Selves: August. Lola. Charlie. Margot.

Logo Header

Aug 2, 2013

BBQ Chicken, Apple & Onion Pizza


I've been making this pizza since my third year in college, and it is always perfect. For some reason, BBQ flavor goes amazingly well with apples and onion. This didn't take too long to long to create, and it also didn't take long to completely devour it. Byron and I ate this thing up with such a fierce quickness that afterwards, we were looking around wondering where the pizza went. On to the recipe.



Ingredients Used:
1 Package Crust Mix (Add water only kind)
1 Cup Cooked Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Cup Tomato Sauce/ Pizza Sauce
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Diced Apples
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
 * All measurements should be viewed as "more or less" depending on how you want your pizza.


Follow the instructions on your crust mix package.
My mix instructed me to add 1/2 cup hot tap water.
Stir until blended then form into a ball and grease ball with 1 teaspoon oil.
Then I had to cover the mix and set in a warm place for 5-10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F. 
Take your cooked chicken and toss it in the barbecue sauce. 


How did I cook my chicken?
Defrosted a few boneless breasts. Poke holes with fork. 
Soaked in lemon juice, salt and pepper (whatever spices you have and/or desire). 
Let marinate at least 30-45 minutes. Placed on baking sheet (not greased). 
Baked for about 25 minutes (slice chicken, white good, pink bad). 
Cool and chop.


Press your dough down into the pan with greased hands. 
I lightly massage olive oil over all the dough once pressed including the rim. 
Pinch the edges of the rim. 
Next add the sauce, cheese and the rest of the toppings. 
Bake on the lowest rack for about 15 minutes (more or less). 
All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment