headerText

Me and My Selves: August. Lola. Charlie. Margot.

Logo Header

Nov 3, 2014

Trying Not To Care As Much

So I have a problem. That problem is that I care way too much about every detail of everything. Usually when it comes to work ethic and the quality of the projects I complete, this excruciating attention to detail pays off very well for my reputation. But one thing that I have come to realize is that it holds me back more than it propels me forward. I tend to view myself on a scale. And right now I feel like I am far right of center. There is another side of me that resides far left of center, and I have no idea where she is. I need to find some sort of balance so that I can get right back to the middle. That sweet spot where there is perfect balance usually reaps the most benefit for me in anything that I do.

When I am too laid back, I get nothing done. When I am too uptight, I get nothing done. It's all the same! I figure that the best practice to find balance is to create action with the energy that I am trying to get more of. The more energy I can wind up, the more I can move myself with that energy closer to the center. I need to do more spontaneous, less thought out, less caring things. So that I can balance the other side. If I go too far, then I will need to fix that as well. I'm hoping this works. This post actually is the first pulse of energy that I am putting out to get myself back to center. I didn't plan this, and I am putting up a random picture of a light bulb I took. Boom!

 Zanz

No comments:

Post a Comment