headerText

Me and My Selves: August. Lola. Charlie. Margot.

Logo Header

Oct 2, 2014

A Selfie Situation: Being a Photographer

Hello there, I took these photos a couple days ago when I had a bit of free time in between my schedule. Decided I should do some photography, which always is pure happiness for me. I never really knew how much joy photography could bring oneself. I'm glad I have ventured into this realm of creative expression.



My first camera was a 35mm Canon, I can't remember which model, but it was my mother's and I took possession of it after she departed. I think someone stole that camera, among many other precious belongings of mine. So now I have a Canon eos t3i Rebel. Shooting digitally changed my whole world. The instant feel of seeing my pictures was a huge come up for me. I have been developing my photography style over the past year.





Sometimes I find myself completely immersed in this world of capturing images. I could easily spend hours anywhere snapping pictures. So on this particular day, as I stated earlier, I was between events in my schedule and I figured since I liked my lipstick and bandanna combo, I should take some selfie pictures. My only thing is that my iPhone screen continues to crack, right over the lens at that. I have to use my Canon to get any good shots.

But on to the main point of this whole situation, I have come to the realization that I've never considered myself a photographer, as if I was not worthy of the title. There is a part of me that cringes when I think about labeling myself as one type of artist. The only thing I've really ever claimed was being a violinist. And that was pretty apparent, as it was primary in my life for so long. Nowadays, nothing stays primary for too long, I'm in a constant rotation of practicing my various forms of art. But you know what, I'm going to call myself a photographer and keep it movin.







All I needed was Spike Lee. Or should I say Mars. ♥


2 comments:

  1. Ah, you're absolutely stunning! And your pictures turned out wonderfully, you've got a really good eye :)

    Lagerfeld Love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so very much Kat! Deeply appreciated. :) That made my day. ♥

    ReplyDelete