headerText

Me and My Selves: August. Lola. Charlie. Margot.

Logo Header

Jan 16, 2014

Perfume Mixology: Chanel and Rogue by Rihanna


I must confess, I have always been completely in love with the science and art of perfume. I have had dreams of being a perfume maker when I get myself together successfully. I remember in college watching the movie Perfume about a strangely innocent in nature serial killing boy who uses the essence of women to create the perfect notes of an unworldly fragrance. 

Getting back to the point, I frequently like to mix fragrances to get a deeper and more original combination. Here we have Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Rogue by Rihanna. I wear this combo often. When I apply two fragrances, I decide beforehand which one will be the primary and which will be secondary. This all depends on the character and strength of the perfume. In this particular case Rogue is my secondary, meaning I put less of it on. It's really strong and you don't want to over do it.

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle 

Top Notes: Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit
Middle Notes: Lychee, Rose, Italian Jasmine
Base Notes: Indonesian Patchouli, Haitian Vetiver, Bourbon Vanilla, White Musk

Rogue by Rihanna

Top Notes: Lemon Blossom, Cyclamen
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Plum, Suede
Base Notes: Musk, Woods, Patchouli, Vanilla, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment